"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Friday, September 28, 2007



With three days left until my long birthday celebration, here's whats on my mind:

Do you realize Captain Kangaroo is neither a Captain, nor a Kangaroo?

If someone says he has a right to respect, what he is saying is that you don't have a right to your opinion.

One of the greatest organizations out there is "true love waits" here are a group of kids who are defying peer pressure and abstaining from sex until they are married. they are the true heroes in my book. What is more romantic and sexy than to know that you are, and always will be, your lovers first and ONLY partner?

Why don't they invent a peanut butter jar that opens on BOTH ends. Thus we do away with that annoying scraping the bottom of the jar with a knife that we hope is long enough to reach.

One of my favorite movie lines: "we never realize the most significant events of our lives while they are happening. Back then I thought: 'Well, there will be other days'.. I did'nt realize that... that was the ONLY day" Field of Dreams

Where was the Battle of Bunker Hill fought?? Breeds Hill!

Despite the old saying, it is not really that hard to sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo. they often use it to keep foods from freezing.

They say that flying is the safest way to travel. I dont know how much consideration they have given to walking.

Theres not enough Days in October, my favorite month!

have you ever been reading an article that you absolutely hated, but continued to read it till the end??

I am 53 years old and I just found out 4 years ago there is a big difference between sewing and knitting.

Don't you long for the days when the news shows were only half an hour long and only ran once a day??

Question: If you call a tail a leg, How many legs does a dog have?? Answer: Still four! CALLING a tail a leg, does not MAKE it one. Good lesson to learn next time we start to assume something about someone.

Why does my 85 year old mom who has not driven in 20 years get "safe driving" awards in the mail?

Well thats whats in my brain at the moment. Scary Hmmm?? updates to follow, I'm sure!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Lots of great thoughts! Of course, you have to be really smart to get that "call a tail a leg" joke :) I know you are excited about your birthday, it's going to be a fun month for you!