"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Monday, September 24, 2007

This place is a Zoo!!






Well its not exactly time for my month long birthday celebration, but I took the opportunity of a great late September Saturday to go to the Toledo Zoo! I like this Zoo more than the Detroit Zoo because the animals here seem to be more active. It is almost like they are saying "here we are, come look at us" whereas the Detroit Zoo animals are like.."you here AGAIN??" we're sleeping!


More to see at this zoo than just animals as these poorly posted pictures will bear out. Forgive me if they are out of whack, I am a newbie here. Anyway the Zoo had an old car show going on, and that was fun, and I enjoyed the train ride into the heart of "Africa". Snack time demanded a Waffle cone and I was only happy to oblige my stomach, while I people watched. Watching people at the zoo is very interesting. look at the entrances and exits, whic hare usually the same. I see people coming in with their kids and they are all happy and the kids are happy and they are fresh and rested. Looking at the exit and the people going out and you will see tired and restless kids, and parents who looked like they just went 12 rounds with the animals they just saw. Someone once said tha tthey wonder if in a zoo the animals are watching us more than we are watching them... If thats true, then the question begs.. "who is more entertained??"



But this is a great zoo, and being fond of exotic animals like I am I always enjoy this trip. I guess I am most fond of the animals I know most about. Snakes, Lions and Elephants. theres more to these animals than names on the Chinese Zodiac will tell you.


Zoos are great family entertainment, and the wise parent will include a trip to the zoo on a nice summer day, and remember, these animals may just be watching you!! Holy Toledo! what a zoo!!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)