"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Character

I just wanted to share a great definition of character and integrity, and that is what you do, how you act, when NO ONE IS AROUND! Sometimes, when there is applause to be had, or praises to drink in, we all seem to do the good and right thing. but how do we act when there is no one to praise you, and no one to shake your hand. Are we just as honest and honorable??

I remember as a child visiting grandma. You remember grandma, the kindly old lady with the smelly house who gave you lost of candy?? well mine always allowed me to roam through the house, which I did. ( except for the basement where the monsters lived.. really!!) anyway, I remember being alone in the sitting room and seeing an open drawer with money in it. Not a lot, but just grandmas loose change. now I could have easily taken it and gone my merry way, but I left it there.

Now thats a kids story to be true, but where do you think these character, or lack of character traits originate?? when we are kids. Are we men of honor?? Get alone and see how we act.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

True words of wisdom George, as always! :)