"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Sunday, September 2, 2007

What do real men eat??


No, I am not going to answer that question really. I am just referencing that old book that talked about men and their habits, "Real men dont eat Quiche" Was the title. I defined Character and integrity earlier in this post, and in later posts, I will detail courage and honor. but now I want to introduce everyone to an interesting blog which you may feel is out of place. It has to do with knitting and life. Yes, knitting. And before you give me that old story about knitting not being for men, well bring that up with Rosevelt Grier. You may remember him, the huge defensive lineman for the Los Angeles Rams, part of the Fearsome Foursome of that great Rams defense? well he sewed and knitted, and anyone who didnt call him a man was in trouble.

I myself do not knit, but I know an entertaining blog when I see it. and if there is any man who does knit, well this can be a valuable stopping point, and any woman of course who is confident enough to come to my Lodge here may also find useful information at my dear friends post.

Do real men eat Quiche??? maybe, I dont know... but real men have been known to knit. Remember its not what your hobbies are, but rather what your moral compass is. Enjoy, and feel free to be a knitting man. or woman! just check out my favorite blogs.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the comments about men knitting. One of my favorite and most admired knitters is a guy! (http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com) He also spins as well! I saw you added your book recommendations. Way to go!