"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Monday, September 17, 2007

The Celebration!


13 Days until the celebrations! You say: "What celebrations??" I say :"let me fill you in" My Birthday is October 25th, and what I have been doing for the last 4 or 5 years is taking the whole month and celebrate it. I will start on October 1st and end around November 7th or so.
Ok, so Why then?? well first reason is that I believe that there is enough in this world to keep us depressed and not enough to feel good about. Birthdays should be a great time to celebrate and enjoy! We always seem to have no problem with finding things to get down about, so why not find something to feel good about??

A Birthday is a great way to feel good about yourself. I know the old line.. "Whats to feel good about?? I'm a year older??" Well first of all getting older does not mean getting worse off. Why can't getting older mean getting BETTER?? Yes our hair may turn gray, but shall we wear that gray as a crown of glory, or a fools cap?? I prefer the former.

Or another line.. "Its kind of conceited to celebrate yourself is'nt it?? lets look at it. Is it egotistical to feel happy you were born?? I am sure there are people in your lives who would be much worse off if you were never born. If not for your sake, then for theirs, celebrate it! I celebrate the day I was born, NOT to tell everyone "hey I'm great, get out of my way"....but rather "Hey, I'm great.. FEEL GREAT WITH ME" Big difference.

So thats what I will be doing and posting updates as they happen. I feel good about myself. There was a time when I didnt, and thats one of the reasons for this blog, to share some insights I learned along the tear laden path to where i am now. And one of these is to Celebrate not only my birthday but the birthdays of the select few in my life who I would be so much worse without. Lets put away the depression and learn to celebrate!! You are invited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George, you SO deserve to celebrate you! You are a shining example of what it means to appreciate yourself and believe in yourself. Thanks for showing me that! It was so great to read a post about George, can't wait to see more! :)