"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'd hug you, but I cant afford a Lawyer

I would like to interrupt my birthday celebration (which is going fine, for the most part) , and maybe also because I am feeling a bit cranky today to post this link about the school that has banned hugs, amongst other things.


With education in a sorry state today with our young children being taught the lies that America is bad, and that our brave forefathers were racist scum, you would think they would have better things to do than to ban hugs, tag and most displays of affection. Now what does this teach them about when they grow up, especially the boys. that touching is bad?? That having strong loving dffeelings for the opposite sex is bad?? and if it is good, then showing it must be bad. Look here. Common sense dictates that if you hug someone or touch someone, and they do not return it, or tell you to stop, you stop! Case closed. You do not try to get hugs, or touching banned. Think of what would happen if we banned everything that offended even just one person. If we offend someone, we apologise, and not do it again. Seems that some school officials need to start thinking about things like teaching our kids correct history and science, and stop meddling into the normal activities of children.



Well now that I wrote about it, I may as well confess. When I was six years old, a classmate gave me five cents if I would go and Kiss this one girl I liked. so I kissed her. She kicked me hard in the shins. end of story. I got my nickel, but I did not kiss her anymore. I guess today I would be in jail!
I should count my blessings.
Need a hug today?? I guess we need to have a lawyer handy.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

*hugs* :) I guess I am just weird that way. YOU can call my lawyer...if I had one! LOL