"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Saturday, February 9, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS 2

Its been over a month since my last post. I guess the holidays took a strain on me, for I have neglected housekeeping here at the lodge. Well, I am open for business, and a grea tway to re open the old place is to share more random thoughts.

We men should really love these new GPS systems, we now have a 300 dollar reason not to ask for directions!

I would love to be a weatherman on TV or radio. I mean where else can you be so wrong, and then say "well We were not expecting this" and still have a job the next day??"

Speaking of weathermen, and I may sound like a male chauvanist here, but regarding these hot women they have doing the weather on TV?? That may be all well and good in nice weather, but I would have a hard time paying attention when these ladies have to announce that a Tornado is coming.

Heres something I have difficulty swallowing.. If the economy is so bad and people are struggling, then how come I read that the business that is growing the most are these personal storage places. This makes me think.. If people have to pay a company to store their excess goods because they do not have room in their homes, how can things be that bad??? I have a better idea, Just do not buy so much stuff that you cannot fit it all in.

With Valentines Day approaching, I remember something I used to say a while ago, in that "why have one day set aside to show someone you love them. If you really love someone, EVERY DAY should be Valentines Day" well, now that I am grown I know this to be not very realistic. to love someone 24/7 is like continuously exhaling. a nice sentiment, but it cannot be done.

The best definition of love comes from C.S. Lewis when he said "love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady desire for the loved ones ultimate good, as far as it can be obtained"

Continuing with the love topic, would you believe this gristled old man here has watched 4 romantic movies since November?? ahh but not the newer sappy kind of love stories, but stories of old fashioned romance, the way it used to be. One thing I do wish though is that someone would make a real love story where an unattractive man is involved.

Whats with these "reality " shows?? I mean if this is supposed to be real life, do YOU know anyone who lives like that??

Besides, how can anyone be real when a microphone is put up to their mouths. Dont we all become just a LITTLE BIT phony??

How come the alphabet is in that order??? is it because of that song???

Hawaii only has 13 letters or so in their alphabet. I wonder how their song goes?

Well thats it for now. thanks for reading, and helping me put a new coat of paint on this recently unattended Lodge. Its good to be back.

No comments: