"Yes there is frailty, yes there is weakness, but there is courage also and honor to be found in men." Boromir, Lord of The Rings

Friday, January 4, 2008

The Twelfth Day of Christmas.. the Ultimate Hope!


Well, we have gone through 11 days of Christmas, and if I was anything like a good blogger, this would have been done by now, but please forgive me for celebrating Christmas a little too much and neglecting my blog. But here's to all those folks who truly inspire us. It was my pleasure researching all of them.

So I leave you now with the ultimate story of Hope, and as usual, it came through tragic circumstances! yes it is the Easter Story. For I believe that as much as we celebrate Christs birth, it was NOT the child who saved us. It was NOT the baby in the manger who went on that cross. and it was NOT the Holy infant so tender and mild who rose again, never to die again, so that we may do the same. It was the grown UP baby who did all of these things.
I love the fact that one church actually takes their old Christmas tree and makes it out into a cross to be used at Easter. Wonderful!





Without further ado, here is the Easter story in two versions. One is the familiar version, and one is a delightful version for kids.






Hope springs eternal.

















No comments: